Research year students undertakes a full-time research project under the supervision of experts at Aalborg University Hospital and/or Aalborg University.
- Carry out an independent research project under highly qualified supervision
- Possibility to participate in course activity at an advanced level (e.g. PhD courses, 5 ECTS credits)Participate in conferences and seminar activities in the research area.
- Conclude the research project with an article or report and defend it
- You will be part of an active research unit
- You generate new knowledge
- You learn to look critically at scientific literature
- You begin building a scientific network that can advance your career
- Credit for the research year and the PhD courses can be transferred equaling up to 6 months of a future PhD program (e.g. 2.5 years versus the usual 3 years). The research year cannot merit activities on bachelor or master level.
The research year is open to all master students at the Faculty of Medicine - although not required it is recommended that you apply for a leave of absence.